The Karbala Center for Studies and Research at the Holy Shrine of Imam Hussein “AS” continued to document the ancient landmarks located in the holy city of Karbala.
The KCSR’s Karbala Civilizational Encyclopedia has mentioned in its third volume, the social axis on page (353) the “Sayyid Muhammad Al-Daraj Al-Naqib” Mosque, which is one of the oldest religious centers in the city. It dates back to 1390 Hijri, 1972 AD.
The encyclopedia indicated, "The mosque was founded by Sayyid Redha Kadhim Ahmed Al-Naqib, who endowed his land located in the property no. (185/98, district 6, Al-Mukhayyam) and stipulated that a mosque be built on it under the title (The late Sayyid Darraj bin Sayyid Salman Sultan Al-Naqib’s mosque)."
"The mosque is located in the center of Al-Naqeeb district, overlooking the street leading to the highway that connects to the intersection of Al-Moallimeen district. It has an area of (600 square meters), and its facade is equipped with a large gate topped by a Karbala’s famous tile, on which the name of the founder and the date of foundation, was written."
The Karbala Civilizational Encyclopedia stated, "The mosque's main door leads to a hall of 300 square meters area, where the Hussaini condolence events and public funeral are held for the residents of the district.